Raptor PTO clutch

Raptor rider

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2013 Hustler Raptor model # 931899 that needs a New PTO clutch - this is residential model with a 17Hp kawasaki FR691v. The wiring harness connects on the front of the clutch and not where the clutch “forks” keep the clutch from turning (back of mower). I can only find a clutch where the wiring harness connects at the back side of the motor. The wiring harness would be too short for this location. Can someone help with locating the correct PTO clutch?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look on the clutch itself for a brand name and a tag for a part/model number.

Mower King

Threads
I have a 2013 Hustler Raptor model # 931899 that needs a New PTO clutch - this is residential model with a 17Hp kawasaki FR691v. The wiring harness connects on the front of the clutch and not where the clutch “forks” keep the clutch from turning (back of mower). I can only find a clutch where the wiring harness connects at the back side of the motor. The wiring harness would be too short for this location. Can someone help with locating the correct PTO clutch?
Take that model & serial # of the mower to any Hustler dealer and they should be able to fix you right up!

Mower King

Threads
I think he is here to try and save money on it....
Over half the stuff a person orders aftermarket, or over the internet....does not fit, is totally wrong or lasts a couple weeks, maybe!
You get what you pay for.......
I just speak the truth!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
BUt still got know what the OP currently have to do any cross referencing for the correct replacement. As the electrical connection that is just a matter of rerouting and extending the current cable.

Raptor rider

Forum Newbie
Threads
Probelm solved - the picture of the part is wrong in the Hustler parts manual and the dealer was unaware as well... the hustler pto clutch arrived with the plug correctly opposite of the “forks” , not on the same side as pictured... 10 minute installation...nice!

Raptor rider

Forum Newbie
Threads
BUt still got know what the OP currently have to do any cross referencing for the correct replacement. As the electrical connection that is just a matter of rerouting and extending the current cable.
The new cable comes with the clutch and is the same length as the stock cable. The issue turned out to be that the picture of the clutch is wrong n the manual - the clutch arrived with the plug on the front facing side of the clutch. (Not rear as pictured)

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would still like to know the manufacture of the clutch part number as it is different than the Hustler PN and is usually on the old clutch. From what I can find it will be a Warner clutch but need the model for the correct specs. Going direct usually cost less but glad got it done, just hope you torqued it to spec and burnished it in before putting to mowing the lawn.

Mr. Mower

Threads
Probelm solved - the picture of the part is wrong in the Hustler parts manual and the dealer was unaware as well... the hustler pto clutch arrived with the plug correctly opposite of the “forks” , not on the same side as pictured... 10 minute installation...nice!

Glad you got it working and good job on researching and getting the correct part (number) for it!

How exactly did you find out that the Hustler manuals part number was the incorrect part?

Can you list both the Hustler manuals part number as well as the actual correct part number?