Raptor discharge

skip49

Threads
As many here know, the discharge opening on the Raptor SD 54, is the pits. (At least, on my 4 yr old version)
I saw a very short YouTube video on a bolt on discharge opening that is attached after part of the original opening is enlarged, and the strip at the bottom of the original opening is removed.
My question, has anyone here made this mod on your own mower, and if so, was it worth it?
My mower is a stellar performer in every other way, so I’m hoping for some positive feedback on this modification.
Thanks for your input.
Skip

Mower King

Threads
As many here know, the discharge opening on the Raptor SD 54, is the pits. (At least, on my 4 yr old version)
I saw a very short YouTube video on a bolt on discharge opening that is attached after part of the original opening is enlarged, and the strip at the bottom of the original opening is removed.
My question, has anyone here made this mod on your own mower, and if so, was it worth it?
My mower is a stellar performer in every other way, so I’m hoping for some positive feedback on this modification.
Thanks for your input.
Skip
That section of deck bracing is just that, for bracing only, the bigger that chute opening is without any obstruction, the better the cut grass will exit. It will weaken that right edge of the deck, as far as hitting / running into something but, when we were a Hustler dealer, I saw people open the chute up......it works better opened up!

clubairth

Threads
Have you seen this kit from Hustler?
I installed it and what a HUGE difference it made!!
Attached are the instructions and you can see what they did.

Part #123349.
Here is the kit;

Discharge Chute-Kit.jpg

Here it is installed on my SD54.

Discharge Chute-Cover Open-small.jpg

Attachments

• Open Deck Conversion-#603.pdf
    404.5 KB · Views: 13