Ransomes 728D Or Jacobsen UJoint

Tater50

Threads
I need a PTO ujoint for my Ransomes 728D. According to Jacobsen, the part number is 554663, I did a search & found several PDF's to show the part number but cannot find the actual part. Any ideas or any cross reference numbers.

Tater50

Threads
I did a search & can find many Jacobsen PDF's with the part number 554663 but when I search on Ebay, etc w/that part number I cannot find the part. That is the problem.
Thanks Mark

Tater50

Threads
I found one on Jacobsen parts; well over $140. HMM!!!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Measure the diameter of bearing cup and length of the cross with the cups installed. Most likely metric specs. I think this the same as the Kubota ones I installed last year but the spec will help finding an after market one.

More accurately the how you measure u-joints locks.

Measuring inside locks is a little different that outside locks. You measure from the outer side of the lock ring groove side to side. This gives you the width of the joint lock. You still need to measure the overall width of the joint to make sure it is compatible with the bolt-on yoke.

Last edited:

Tater50

Threads
Measure the diameter of bearing cup and length of the cross with the cups installed. Most likely metric specs. I think this the same as the Kubota ones I installed last year but the spec will help finding an after market one.

More accurately the how you measure u-joints locks.

Measuring inside locks is a little different that outside locks. You measure from the outer side of the lock ring groove side to side. This gives you the width of the joint lock. You still need to measure the overall width of the joint to make sure it is compatible with the bolt-on yoke.
I was hoping to find the product before disassembly but I guess I will have to proceed. Thanks for the advice.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just googled part # 554663 & this came up. I would take measurements of your old u-joint then pull up a Spicer, Moog, etc. & see if you can find measurements. Spicer may manufacture the size you need.

Tater50

Threads
Thanks Mark; I have sent MOOG, Spicer & several others the Jacobsen Part number to see if they can help. Probably will not get an answer till Tues or Wed
I just googled part # 554663 & this came up. I would take measurements of your old u-joint then pull up a Spicer, Moog, etc. & see if you can find measurements. Spicer may manufacture the size you need.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks Mark; I have sent MOOG, Spicer & several others the Jacobsen Part number to see if they can help. Probably will not get an answer till Tues or Wed
Thanks for responding, please keep us informed, thanks Tater50, Mark