Question regarding blades

able43

Threads
Afternoon everyone,

I was hoping to pick the brains of the forum about my mower blades. I have a 52" ZT XL and I try to sharpen my blades a couple times a season. Was curious if when re-attaching blades to deck after sharpening, should the blades be uniformed? All the same way across the deck? In-line? Any other tips, know-how, or info about blades is much needed and appreciated. Hopefully we can spark up a good informative discussion this Easter weekend.

-Adrien

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't worry about lining up the blades, because they won't stay that way. Blades should be balanced, but don't go overboard since close is good enough. and also don't go overboard with the sharpening and needing a knife edge because it will wear off quickly and just results in more metal being removed than necessary. Oregon recommends that blades be sharpened at a 30 degree angle and leave a .030 blunt edge.

able43

Threads
Don't worry about lining up the blades, because they won't stay that way. Blades should be balanced, but don't go overboard since close is good enough. and also don't go overboard with the sharpening and needing a knife edge because it will wear off quickly and just results in more metal being removed than necessary. Oregon recommends that blades be sharpened at a 30 degree angle and leave a .030 blunt edge.
Thank you

cambre

Threads
That is the way to do it. ILENGINE is good, he has helped me a few times.