Question on Throttle cable and transmission springs location

BohoRex

Threads
  • / Question on Throttle cable and transmission springs location
I've got an old Cub Cadet self-propelled push mower - Model 12AE18M3056 - and the drive cable (from the handlebar) to engage the wheels for the self-propelled portion came off from the body. I got it reconnected to the indented tab. But also see another spring there - that appears as if it should attach to the pivoting portion on the top pf the transmission line where the belt pulley resides - but I cannot for the life of me - see where it's supposed to hook into.

Yes - I've looked at Cub Cadet's assembly diagram for my mower. And the transmission connections are not shown... at all.... Does anyone have a definitive answer of where the dangling spring attaches? (It was dangling from the 2nd indented tab about 1cm from the other - where the propel-engage cable connects)

Thanks,
Rex S.

Attachments

• CubCadet_BackTabs_sm.jpg
    CubCadet_BackTabs_sm.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 5
  • CubCadet_Springs_sm.jpg
    CubCadet_Springs_sm.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 7

BohoRex

Threads
  • / Question on Throttle cable and transmission springs location
Meh - Figured it our after looking a bit closer. On the bottom of the gearbox (under the pulley) - there is a small hole that the other end of my dangling spring goes into. All back in place.... Sharpened the old blade... and it's working great again.