Pto clutch to my yth 2454 fell off

DNNTKR68

Forum Newbie
Threads
new guy here. Hello. I acquired this yth 2454 husqvarna mower. While fixing the kinks, the left side drag rod started touching the belt. I took a small chain and held it where it should be, then started the mower and it started but was shuddering and had sparks dhooting down by the clutch when i engsged the blades which didn't tiurn, then the clutch just fell off. Any help would be greatly appreciatef.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In the diagram above parts 9 & 85 have probably fallen off or were missing all together.

In the diagram below part # 197 is loose or missing allowing the clutch to spin.
Yo have most likely ripped the wires out as well.
Retainer.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Plus whoever installed the electric PTO clutch probably just hand tighten the retaining screw. The retaining screw (7/16-20 X 3.75 GR. 5) must be torqued to 55 ft-lb or it will come loose. Don't just use an impact either as bearing damage can occur and many electric PTO clutch don't have replaceable bearings.

IF the anti rotation rod is missing the wiring at the clutch may be already destroyed and a new PTO clutch will likely be required.