PTO Clutch falls out

dmc48

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bad Boy MZ 54" ZTR mower with Kohler KT740 (Kohler 7000). I can't keep the PTO clutch installed. Have repeatedly replaced bolts and "dented washer" and a few seconds of run time on the deck and the bolt into the crankshaft falls out and drops the PTO clutch assembly in the yard... then jack it up, fight with the belts and do it all over again. Mower starts, drives and runs well... but this problem is going to get the whole thing scrapped. Help!!!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Are you torquing it to spec?

1651093687919.png

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are the threads on the bolt and in the shaft DRY? Any type of lube will create problems.

dmc48

Forum Newbie
Threads
Star Tech:

Thanks! I think that helped a lot. Went through the routine one more time but with a 55 lb.-Ft. torquing. Several starts and stops of the deck and a run down my long driveway and back and I still have a functioning PTO clutch. I have found the replacement bolt from BB is a quarter inch shy of really making a good fit... for anyone else experiencing such problems. A trip to NAPA fixed that. Thanks again for the quick reply. Salvaged what was becoming a "wasted day."