proturn 472 - adjust arm "tension"

tsmith_co

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've picked up a used pro turn 472 diesel with low hours. It's been a great upgrade over my smaller zero turn. My only complaint is the hood latches, which I'm replacing since the old ones have popped off, even when they were adjusted properly.

Question - When I'm mowing foward and either release the levers, or ease up on them, my mower want to turn to the right. The right lever feels like it has more tension in it. It wants to travel back to the neutral position a lot more than the left lever. I can feel this also when just travelling forward - my right arm is working harder to push that lever forward and hold it compared to the left.

Where would this adjustment be to change the tension? I didn't see any springs along the linkage, but I could have missed them.

Thanks!

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not seeing any springs but do see two steering dampers. The right one may be bad or on some mower the are adjustable to neutral. If it is off it can push like this. Look to see if there is a way to adjust then like a slot where they bolt to the frame. If not it may be bad or could be off just a little in manufacturing to cause this. You might just unhook it to see what it does.

tsmith_co

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not seeing any springs but do see two steering dampers. The right one may be bad or on some mower the are adjustable to neutral. If it is off it can push like this. Look to see if there is a way to adjust then like a slot where they bolt to the frame. If not it may be bad or could be off just a little in manufacturing to cause this. You might just unhook it to see what it does.
Good call. I did see that there are those dampers, like on a car trunk. They don't look adjustable, but I'll plan on popping them off and hand compressing / releasing them to see if 1 or more is bad.

Thanks!

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can also try driving it to see if that corrects the problem. I have had some new mowers that I would have to drill a new hole to correct such problems