Proof of oil change

Pauljp

Threads
Today someone asked me how do I prove to the manufacturer that I did an oil change as per the owners manual.
My Honda HRN216PKCA lawn mower uses 10 oz of oil and there is no filter.
I have the receipt for a jug of oil that will last me 15 oil changes or about 8 years.
If something were to go wrong and I had to bring it to the dealer, how can I prove to them that I did all the oil changes.
I keep records of the hour meter, date, type and brand of oil. But is that proof enough for them?
I have been changing oil almost all of my life and I have never had a problem, but someone today asked me and now I am asking you.
How do you prove it?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My question to them is why do you need proof. Most small engine warranties last from 2-5 years. Only thing that comes to mind for someone to ask for oil change proof in that time frame is a major internal failure. An experienced and knowledgeable service tech should be able to diagnose the cause without proof.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You don't need to
The engine will tell me if you have been changing the oil or not .
You get distinctive wear patterns and sludge build up if you have not been changing the oil enough ( note enough may be substantially less than recommended ) .
Engine parts get tell tale colour changes if they have not been getting enough oil

Pauljp

Threads
Excellent responses guys, thank you. That is exactly what I am going to tell him. (y)