Process to drop a new engine in mower/skid loader?

Cwconlon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I have a previous post about my skid loader not charging the battery.. I am just starting to think that it might be a better idea to just replace the engine with another one. I have found a 22hp mower engine for 700$ and a 25hp Honda for 1300$. What would it run, roughly, to replace my current engine with this one? Keep in mind I have a lawn mower engine installed in my skid loader... I am asking for this advice because my small town auto shop loves to rip people off if you don’t know your way around these types of things. So going in there with some knowledge may help me form getting taken advantage of. Thank you everyone!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does all that the engine's electrical system is to crank the starter, and recharge the battery? Or is it expected to power other electrical attachments?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It could be easy to complicated. I have changed out a couple in skid steers that had Kohlers and went back with Kohler and still have had to redrill motor mounts, modify the wiring, and an even build custom exhaust even going as far as pulling the outlet pipe out of the new muffler, welding the hole closed and then installing the outlet pipe out of the old muffler in the same position as what was in the old muffler.