Problems with deck leveling bolts

aabraham1209

Forum Newbie
Threads
Maybe you all can offer some help on how to fix a reoccurring problem with the deck leveling bolts that I’m having. Every time I touch something on the side of the mower deck the bolt that goes into a round rod with a hole treaded for the bolt to go in falls out of the U shaped bracelet that it sits in because the bracket get spread out. Tired of bending it back and it also has to be weakening that bracket.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you running one of those “big box store” Hustlers?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could you provide the model number and serial number for your mower? This will help.

aabraham1209

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is the bracket and bolt I’m talking about. That tuning fork type bracket bends and gets to wide for that round piece to stay in.

Attachments

• B22F18DB-6AC5-40F3-BE9B-055F59D93FA7.jpeg
    B22F18DB-6AC5-40F3-BE9B-055F59D93FA7.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 33

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I asked for the model number and serial number in order to look at the parts sheets. The bracket might be available for purchase. Metal will fatigue with constant bending back and forth. It’s a stamped sheet metal part. Therefore, it’s inherently weak. You may have to take it to a welding shop if the part can’t be purchased.
If your mower is still under warranty, contact your dealer and have them take a look at it.

Last edited:

Mr. Mower

Threads
No bought it from a Hustler dealer it is a Raptor
FACT:....Just goes to show you that no matter where you buy your Hustler ZT mower from, Big Box Store or authorized Hustler dealer, if your mower is going to have problems/issues it's going to happen.

Definitely nothing wrong from buying a ZT mower from the so called "Big Box Store".

It's a myth about if you buy from the so called Big Box Store that the mowers they supply/provide are built cheaply, have problems, are returned used mower, etc. all that is just plain crap.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
FACT:....Just goes to show you that no matter where you buy your Hustler ZT mower from, Big Box Store or authorized Hustler dealer, if your mower is going to have problems/issues it's going to happen.

Definitely nothing wrong from buying a ZT mower from the so called "Big Box Store".

It's a myth about if you buy from the so called Big Box Store that the mowers they supply/provide are built cheaply, have problems, are returned used mower, etc. all that is just plain crap.
The Raptor is one of those mowers carried by “big box stores”. They are entry level residential mowers and not built as beefy as residential estate mowers or commercial mowers. It’s true enough that dealers carry the same mower. The deck lift design of the Hustler Raptor is problematic.

Mr. Mower

Threads
The Raptor is one of those mowers carried by “big box stores”. They are entry level residential mowers and not built as beefy as residential estate mowers or commercial mowers. It’s true enough that dealers carry the same mower. The deck lift design of the Hustler Raptor is problematic.
I purchased my Hustler Raptor Flip Up way back in 2015 from a so called 'Big Box Store" online from Lowe's, was shipped straight to my house directly from the factory. Since then I have 'never' had any sort of "problematic" with the deck lift design?

Yes the Hustler Raptor Flip Up is not considered a commercial ZT mower it is considered a residential ZT mower.

If purchasing a Hustler Raptor (specific model) Flip Up from Lowe's, the Big Box Store does not carry it in house (the store) it is purchased online and delivered straight from the factory.

So one can speculate, etc. or say whatever they like but the fact is the deck lift design is not problematic from what I have experienced.

Last edited: