Problems (carburetor?) with B&S on Toro 4 Stroke model 38614

StretchyBill

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Problems (carburetor?) with B&S on Toro 4 Stroke model 38614
I have a roughly 12 year old Toro 2 stage snowblower (model 38614) with a B&S 4 stroke engine that has not given me a bit of trouble until this winter. Every spring I empty the gas, run it dry, empty the carb bowl, and change the spark plug and oil. I also use Sta-bil in my gas. This winter it would not start. I had a mobile small engine guy come by and he found the carburetor bowl was full of oil, which he cleaned out and got the snow blower started. At the next snow, I used the snowblower, however it frequently backfired. Also, the aluminum part that includes the exhaust port was cherry red when I was done. Maybe it is always like that, maybe it is always very hot, but it was the first time I noticed it.

Anyone have ideas about what is going on with my snowblower?

Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you supply us with the exact engine numbers, as there are a few variations of the engine used on that unit. Need model, type, and code. Also include the units serial number.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Running too lean. You have a carb issue or fuel delivery issue. Try pulling the choke until it clears up. If it does then you know you have a fuel supply issue.