Problems assemblying Homelite HB-180 throttle lock and push shutoff.

trouts2

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Problems assemblying Homelite HB-180 throttle lock and push shutoff.
I think answering this would take a person familiar with the Homelite blower HB-180 or similar model.
a_throttle_lever.JPGa_throttle_pin_2.JPGa_spring_1.JPGa.JPGb.jpgThe throttle lever A I think goes in first.The spring C goes in second over the post at D.The throttle lock B goes on the post D over the spring.The above is a guess.When I put in the throttle lever the flange on B hits it. I think it goes in opposite the case side so not between the case and metal part of the throttle.Once those are all in they don’t seem to do anything. They hit the side of the case near D where the flat part is.The post has a raised part to hold it but it has an opening that I think is involved but don’t understand how.
The spring has the long part on one end. The other end has a part that sticks out. I think that goes into the bottom of B as there is a small hole there.

When I put it together it does not do much. It is supposed to lock the throttle on and push B to stop the engine.

E takes a screw but also does not seem to do anything. What is the screw into E supposed to do? I think it may be related to shutoff.

Farmer Jean

Forum Newbie
Threads
The threaded end of B sticks out of the case opposite the pull cord when properly installed. You push/pull it to engage the lock for starting.

Do you have B installed in the wrong direction?

trouts2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Referencing the picture B above. The right end sticks out of the case. The end with the half round flange goes over the post shown in D. The issue is how does the half round end go in. Part A is in the way of the flange end
of B. I'm not sure if it goes over or under A. B goes in and the coil C short end that sticks out goes into a hold at the bottom of B. When I put B in either over or under the leg on A nothing seems to work. Under the half round flange on B is a nub that I think is supposed to act as a detent in some way to lock the trigger into full on. No matter how I assemble the parts the flange hits other parts of the case and does nothing productive.
You push on the outside of B to stop the machine I think. You twist it to lock the throttle and that's where the detent action happens.