Problem with self-propel function on HRR216K3TDA

saratogavito

Forum Newbie
Threads
When the bag is empty there is no issue. Once it is approximately 25% full, self-propel function stops. If I lift rear wheels and engage the clutch, they turn as they should. Obviously the weight of the grass causes the problem. Any advice as to where to begin to fix this issue?

catbob

Threads
I would try to adjust the clutch cable a little at a time and see if that would help

saratogavito

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would try to adjust the clutch cable a little at a time and see if that would help
The clutch cable adjustment is confusing to me. I've read that you need to loosen the bolt on the throttle control, adjust cable, and retighten. Since the length of the cable will not change, I'm not sure whether it should be pulled toward the spring or toward the deck.

catbob

Threads
Unloosen the nut and and turn the adjuster nut towards the nut that you just loosen, should take some of the play out of the drive handle. Do a little at a time, you don't want to over tighten you should have alittle play when your done

saratogavito

Forum Newbie
Threads
Unloosen the nut and and turn the adjuster nut towards the nut that you just loosen, should take some of the play out of the drive handle. Do a little at a time, you don't want to over tighten you should have alittle play when your done
I took it apart and unfortunately there is no adjustment nut. Thanks for your help. If there are no other suggestions, I guess it's off to the shop...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Replace drive belt