Premium Gas

deminin

Threads
With this recent drop in gas prices, I have been using Premium/Non Ethanol gas in my mowers. That seems to be doing a good job of cleaning out the carburetors, resulting in easier starts, and smoother running. I think I will continue to do so while we are getting a break at the pumps.

cruzenmike

Threads
Where I live, there has been no change in the price of ethanol-free gasoline. We still pay $3.59 per gallon for 90 octane E0. Regular octane 87 E10 is from $0.88 to $1.49 per gallon depending on where you go.

I do not mind paying full price for the E0 in town, as I use it in all of my equipment, including mixing with oil for my trimmer and chainsaw. I also keeps 10-15 gallons on hand at all times for my generator.

But, it would certainly be nice if we could see that price drop here!!

EDIT!!! Curious to see if gas prices had dropped in the last 3 weeks since I filled my cans, I went up to the local Marathon and sure enough E0 was only $1.99 a gallon. Too bad they were closed and I was not able to fill up the can that I had brought with me. I think it's about time to fill up my 55-gallon drum! JK

Last edited:

Heinz W

Threads
Same here, no change in the price of E0. Been using it for about three years. Always $3.89/gal. Worth it to me, I run it in my ZTR too.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When ever you use the nonethanol fuel, please remember to do this. Before pumping any fuel into your gas can puta gallon or two into your car. Why? With today’s one hose pumps you have no idea of what the person before you used. You may end up with a half can of ethanol fuel in your can, because that is what is left in the line back to the transfer point. Your car won’t know the difference, but your small engine will.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The only station near me with E0 gas dropped that for E15 (the turds). So now i am back to taking the ethanol out of E10.

dougand3

Threads
I just paid $2.19 for 87 Oct E0. 87 E10 was $1.62. That's a normal differential of ~ 60 cents higher for E0. I could use E10 in the GT but it has a diaphragm fuel pump and would need re-build more often. No E10 ever in little 2 strokes.

deminin

Threads
When ever you use the nonethanol fuel, please remember to do this. Before pumping any fuel into your gas can puta gallon or two into your car. Why? With today’s one hose pumps you have no idea of what the person before you used. You may end up with a half can of ethanol fuel in your can, because that is what is left in the line back to the transfer point. Your car won’t know the difference, but your small engine will.

Yup, if your station uses a "common" hose for all the blends. Luckily our stations have a separate hose for the 91/non-ethanol Octane. Today's price for Premium is $1.70....$1.35 for 87 octane....and the prices may drop even further in coming weeks. Some places in Missouri are at $1/gal for 87 regular....that's about the Only good financial news lately.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use 93 octane on all outdoor power equipment with B&S fuel treatment. 93 octane has been under $2 a gallon for a while now. It's important to read operators manual before first start up. My first chainsaw Husqvarna model 36 said to use 91 octane gas.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/STAR-TRON-...pbyIOKtmkeG9ihD6ELYaApQJEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
STAR-TRON is one of the best says our own JD Technician of 21 years.
Thanks ILENGINE for your information & all your first hand expert advice over the years.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use 93 octane on all outdoor power equipment with B&S fuel treatment. 93 octane has been under $2 a gallon for a while now. It's important to read operators manual before first start up. My first chainsaw Husqvarna model 36 said to use 91 octane gas.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/STAR-TRON-...pbyIOKtmkeG9ihD6ELYaApQJEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
STAR-TRON is one of the best says our own JD Technician of 21 years.
Very true. Stihl, Husqvarna ,Makita/Dolmar all call for a minimum of 90-91 octane.

BPierce

Threads
Y'all are lucky. It's illegal for gas stations to sell E-0 here. Have to go to a marina or racetrack and pay $5+.