power loss in my walker

kerryswinney

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2005 Walker Mower with 18 hp Kohler Command motor and a 48" deck. I have 560 hrs on it. My issue is this. When I start mowing for the first hour it is perfect. But for some reason around that hour or 2 it will do something wierd. It will just simply die down while the blades are engaged. When i disengage the blades the motor runs fine. But when i engage the blades it will die back down and sputter. I have replaced the fule filter made sure every thing was at approperate levels (oil). I have also made sure that the air filter is blown out. But for some reason it does this. Does anyone have any idea how to fix or what the problem is. I have also put fuel injector cleanear in it as well. That seems to work but i am affraid that it is something else.

Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
One of the ignition modules could be breaking down, and stop firing after it gets hot. does it sound like it is missing when under load. Could be something else but I would rule that out first.

Agriffin1983

Forum Newbie
Threads
Definitely had the same problem before. Ilengine is on the right track as I've had coil problems do the same. Another option to look at is the safety switch on the blade engagement lever that will not allow you to start the machine while blades are engaged. If this switch were to fail it could cause an incomplete circuit and force the engine/drivetrain to act out against you