Poulan Woodshark

fayjim2

Threads
Is there a adjustment for chainoil. My echo has a screw to adjust but I haven,t found anything on the Poulan. Is there really a weight for chainoil with temp changes?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That should something like Poulan 1950 and no there is no chain oil adjustment.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Oiler is driven by the crankshaft. if it's running ,it's oiling.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, there are two different bar oils, a summer heavier viscosity oil and winter lighter viscosity oil. Using the summer oil in temps below 40 degrees does not properly lubricate the bar and chain and the saw will even stall out if the air temp is too low.

fayjim2

Threads
I can,t seem to find chainoil with the viscosisity labeledor anything about winter summer.It also won,t revup, what kind of screw heads are on those carb adjustments There is no plastic caps. Very small screw with no slot

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Being as old as the Woodshark would be I would think you are looking 21 spline adjustment screws.

fayjim2

Threads
What is a 21 spline screw, is it a socket or ???

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is one of the many EPA required tools to adjust carburetors. Until they yet another version.
1674750219136.png
This why an image of the current mixture would needed to be sure exactly which is being used in your case.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The knuckleheads at the Big Box stores have no idea as to the different types of bar oil. You’ll have to go to a chain saw shop dealer to find the two types. Might be worth your time and money to find one that has both types and ask if they would do a quick adjustment on your saw for you. The good guys will do this for little to nothing if you buy the oil from them.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The knuckleheads at the Big Box stores have no idea as to the different types of bar oil. You’ll have to go to a chain saw shop dealer to find the two types. Might be worth your time and money to find one that has both types and ask if they would do a quick adjustment on your saw for you. The good guys will do this for little to nothing if you buy the oil from them.
Boy your are giving them more credit than I do. Especially when one runs around for over 20 minutes looking a metric adjustable wrench.