Poulan Riding Mower HD145H42b 14.5 HP 6 speed - Gear shifter will not move!

GaOkie

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Poulan Riding Mower HD145H42b 14.5 HP 6 speed - Gear shifter will not move!
I believe it's a 1999 model. After the spring tune up. Went to mow pressed the clutch and the gear shifter would not move. Like it's stuck in this spot. I have reviewed all the post and have not found one addressing this particular issue.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
From the VST service manual it most likely a linkage problem. Other than that there is much info on these old Peerless hydros.

GaOkie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'll do a search for peerless hydros. Thank you

denver_RS800

Forum Newbie
Threads
I may have a similar issue, but the troubleshooting I found covers neutral and backing up, which work fine, but I cannot get 'shift' into moving forward. Poulan Pro PP19A42 with a different transmission RS800. Mower can sit in neutral and can be shifted into reverse by the foot pedal.
However, the petal to shift into forward motion can't move the control rod forward.

Forward/Reverse pedal moves control linkage (control cam?) on top of the RS800 General Transmission.
This variation control guide appears to not be able to rotate the cam to let the Forward engagement???

Is there any video or documentation that shows the overall safeguards and the process of moving from neutral to forward? What did you find about linkage - since it can move to reverse and back to neutral, but have not found what is blocking the cam? from rotating? and allow forward movement...

Is this an issue with the rotating cam, or something broken that would be fixed with a new control kit?
Any ideas on what to look for to troubleshoot the cause? Thank you!