Poulan Pro PR2322 gas hedge trimmer carb...?

Wootie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all - I have a really new Poulan Pro PR2322 gas hedge trimmer, maybe 10 hours on it, that just won't start and run anymore. Granted that there's basically nothing to those carbs...only takes a couple minutes to take it apart, clean it, and put it back together... And I made sure the supply line from the tank was free and moved gas. But it clearly just doesn't get fuel through.

It looks like such problems are common, not with just this model but cheap small chainsaws, trimmers, etc. across the board - and there are TONS of aftermarket carbs for these types of things for anywhere from $10 to $30, so I'm thinking that the stock carb must just have such a poor design and/or made out of such cheap materials that it just doesn't work for more than a few hours.

The problem is that, although the carb for this unit is pretty much the same thing as for a small chainsaw, trimmer, whatever, I can't find an aftermarket carb that is listed as explicitly fitting this unit. I'm sure it's identical to a carb for some other device - I'm just not sure which one. Does anyone happen to have any idea what aftermarket carb would fit this Poulan Pro PR2322?

dougand3

Threads
Poulan Pro Hedge Trimmer Carburetor 530071633
Looks like a Zama C1U-W13

Wootie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for that...it is really similar to that, but the choke is different...don't have a picture of my actual item but I just pulled this out of the manual. The one you noted might bolt up and work, but I'm not sure about interference with the air filter cover. The choke lever in this case is seen above the filter and you push it back and forth to move a plate in front of the intake...it doesn't twist a butterfly plate in the port like most carbs...

Picture1.jpg

dougand3

Threads
Oh, you have a slider choke plate. If your carb matches it, can get W13 carb and pull choke plate and rod out. I put screws with locknuts in the rod holes - or it lets unfiltered air into carb throat. Check that throttle cable connector hole and impulse hole are in the same place comparing old vs new carb.
Best if you take a pic of your carb from different angles and post.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hey all - I have a really new Poulan Pro PR2322 gas hedge trimmer, maybe 10 hours on it, that just won't start and run anymore. Granted that there's basically nothing to those carbs...only takes a couple minutes to take it apart, clean it, and put it back together... And I made sure the supply line from the tank was free and moved gas. But it clearly just doesn't get fuel through.

It looks like such problems are common, not with just this model but cheap small chainsaws, trimmers, etc. across the board - and there are TONS of aftermarket carbs for these types of things for anywhere from $10 to $30, so I'm thinking that the stock carb must just have such a poor design and/or made out of such cheap materials that it just doesn't work for more than a few hours.

The problem is that, although the carb for this unit is pretty much the same thing as for a small chainsaw, trimmer, whatever, I can't find an aftermarket carb that is listed as explicitly fitting this unit. I'm sure it's identical to a carb for some other device - I'm just not sure which one. Does anyone happen to have any idea what aftermarket carb would fit this Poulan Pro PR2322?

You got it right the first time
CHEAP cheap cheap
And the problem is with the person holding the wallet not the person making the trimmer.
If people would pay a reasonable price then they would get a reasonable product
But while they continue to buy the cheapest trimmer / chainsaw / mower on the market in ever increasing numbers the factories will continue to make them cheaper still to get a larger proportion of the market sales.
It is the law of supply & demand
If 95% of the demand is for cheapness then 99% of the products will be cheap.

upupandaway

Threads
I don't know how much trouble it would take with this particular application, but remember - so long as the engine gets the proper ratio of air and fuel, it can run.
On that note, on my 70's FS80s, Echo SRM2301, BG75, etc. (also partly because of my being cheap) the carb that fits the latest FS80 works(with some small modifications). Another perk is that it can be adjusted so it won't run so lean.
Just saying....

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What the OP has is a Rotary barrel carburetor. The replacement carburetor kit is PN 590460101. Superseded to 590460103

Reference IPL PR2322, 967655101, 2017-03

s-l640.jpg

Last edited:

Wootie

Forum Newbie
Threads
IMG_20200618_1832051[2].jpg

Yeah that looks like it - the choke is a little weird compared to most carbs - thanks!