Poulan bvm200 only starts when primed

unit91

Threads
Runs until primer gas runs out.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then most like the carburetor will need cleaning and a repair kit installed. Several different carburetors were used and you other parts selections will on its type number which is the ending - part of the serial number. 1-4 types.

Also there is 11 different versions of the blower so make you use the model number from the serial number tag.

unit91

Threads
Then most like the carburetor will need cleaning and a repair kit installed. Several different carburetors were used and you other parts selections will on its type number which is the ending - part of the serial number. 1-4 types.

Also there is 11 different versions of the blower so make you use the model number from the serial number tag.
Thanks. Let me see if I understand how this works: when I push the bulb gas goes into the tank, when I release the bulb gas is sucked from the tank into the carb. That correct?

unit91

Threads
Thanks. Let me see if I understand how this works: when I push the bulb gas goes into the tank, when I release the bulb gas is sucked from the tank into the carb. That correct?
Gas not going into carb.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Okay the best I can tell is that have the carburetor mounted primer setup. Both Walbro and Zama carb mount primer basically work the same.
1676147826420.png

Now if you reverse the fuel lines at the carburetor then the above system will not work. Also the internal filter screen over the metering needle is plugged fuel will not flow. Both Walbro and Zama carburetors used two different version of these filter screens. One you visually check and one that is impossible to visually check. The latter can clog and still look clean on the surface.

unit91

Threads
Ok. Now, when I hold the blower in any position but level, it continues to run. If I hold it level it runs for a few seconds then slows down and stops.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am not totally sure that you have a fuel problem
And the first step in a diagnosis it isolating fuel from ignition.
So slip the kill wire off the coil and tape it out of the way
If the problem remains then you do have a fuel problem
If it goes away you have an ignition problem
Blowers tend to suffer more from kill switch failures than any other hand held .

unit91

Threads
Thanks....I'll give it a try.

unit91

Threads
I am not totally sure that you have a fuel problem
And the first step in a diagnosis it isolating fuel from ignition.
So slip the kill wire off the coil and tape it out of the way
If the problem remains then you do have a fuel problem
If it goes away you have an ignition problem
Blowers tend to suffer more from kill switch failures than any other hand held .

unit91

Threads
No change. I noticed tht primer bulb only draws gas into carb when blower is on its side. Bulb, lines and filter are new.