Polycut head on FS56 C-E?

MountainGramps77

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased this trimmer and would like to add a polycut head. The manual says the Polycut 20-3 head should be used, but I can't find it in stock anywhere. I purchased a knock-off brand from Amazon, but the collar nut that came with it doesn't fit on the shaft. The nut that came with the head says it's a M10x1, but it seems like the pitch of the threads on the shaft is different because it only goes on for about 1/2 a turn before it sticks.

Does anyone know where I can get a legit Polycut 20-3 that will fit my C-E? If not, do you have any recommendations on what size nut will fit it so I can get this generic brand attached?

olgeezershonda

Threads
When you say that head can't be found anywhere are you saying a Stihl dealer can't order one in for you?

Also where do you live so a member can check locally for you.

MountainGramps77

Forum Newbie
Threads
When you say that head can't be found anywhere are you saying a Stihl dealer can't order one in for you?

Also where do you live so a member can check locally for you.
That's correct. I live in the Wilkesboro, NC area and they say the PolyCut 20-3 head hasn't been available for over a year. I'm guessing there was a safety issue, but Stihl isn't being very forthcoming about the problem, or when they will release a new head.

That's why I went with a knock off brand, and need to know the l/h nut size that will fit my model.