PM152 Z Drive belt

DuginKS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Replaced PTO and drive belt and installed tensioner on my PM152. Belt broke when neighbor was using it a we pulled it home. What is the belt routing / tensioner position and where does the other end of the spring anchor to.
I have spent a few days trying to get my mower up and running again and I think my old aged brain has shut down. Any one have a pic or diagram of where things go?
Thank you, Doug

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
PM152Z Hydro belt.JPG
PM152Z HYDRO INSTRUCT.JPG
Springs anchor (somewhere) on the left side near the LH hydro area of the mower body. Image gives a general hint as the area. But I think they got the LH and RH mixed up in the owners manual unless the engine is more forward than I thinking it is. Usually ZTR engine are at the rear with the drive units in the front of it.

Last edited:

DuginKS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry for the delayed response and thank you for the help. You were correct in that they have the 2 pully numbers mixed up. Someone has retrofitted one of the deck hexagon type mounting bolts where the old mounting bracket was. I spoke with someone in Gravely parts and he was looking at the parts breakdown and walked me through it. My spring anchored about where the number 1 is on the drawing and the parts guy said that is the correct location.
My next question that you may be able to help with is how to get the control levers to the correct neutral position so the mower will start. I followed the manual to adjust the levers so that they are even but now I have a no start/ turnover problem.

Last edited:

Born2Mow

Threads
....and where does the other end of the spring anchor to ?
It's a good bet the spring does not anchor to the belt, as the diagram shows !! :ROFLMAO:

Attach the spring to the tensioner arm. The anchor point will be such that the spring is at 90 degrees (a right angle) to the tensioner arm, and at a distance about 1.2X the length of the relaxed spring. Shouldn't be hard to find.