PLEASE HELP? Husquvarna Lemon!

ThatGuyYouKnow

Threads
Please help my friends im working on a horrible Husquvarna riding mower for a customer its now going on 4 months working on it and i am stumped to no end. It will not crank new starter new solenoid battery good tried a different battery checked switches they seem to be working and checked key switch it works. all it will do now is rapidly click the starter will engage but nothing else and after trying several times the starter made a sizzling noise and i think this engine just toasted my starter. what else is there to do? its a briggs 445577 0755 e1.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You might start by taking a amperage draw test. You have checked out the battery cables and all connections?

ThatGuyYouKnow

Threads
there is only a little rust on the screws but all the connections are tight. i get no voltage between battery and solenoid but both wires have have continuity and arent broke and the solenoids still clicks. I checked voltage between s and b terminals on key swith and when turned to start it only reads 1.80volts. the engine isnt locked up either.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
there is only a little rust on the screws but all the connections are tight. i get no voltage between battery and solenoid but both wires have have continuity and arent broke and the solenoids still clicks. I checked voltage between s and b terminals on key swith and when turned to start it only reads 1.80volts. the engine isnt locked up either.

That would be my guess as a bad wire. I have seen wires that are corroded internally. Maybe try by passing all the old wires and see what happens. You just need to be losing voltage someplace. Are there any bad safety switches. A very good place to start with any electrical problem is a wiring diagram.

ThatGuyYouKnow

Threads
ive have looked. maybe a new wiring harness? im really tired of this thing and no i dont blame husquvarna this thing is cursed.ill have to dig out the wires and look again.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check the ground going to the engine.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
ive have looked. maybe a new wiring harness? im really tired of this thing and no i dont blame husquvarna this thing is cursed.ill have to dig out the wires and look again.

I really don't what up upset you in any way. For one thing we don't know each others skills in electric wiring. As for myself I like nothing better then working with a electrical problem. I have never seen it yet where I needed to replace a wiring harness. Like I said earlier you need a wiring diagram and also a multi-volt meter. You then need to follow the diagram like a road map starting where your problem begins. Just take your time and don't jump all over the place. No one can diagnose a problem over a forum unless it a lucky guess.

I hope you the best on this and sure hope I didn't up set you in any way.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Before you start check you have the correct starter they come in clockwise & counter clockwise rotations and several different sized sprockets.
One incorrect combination will jamb when engaged and thus toast the starter.

Now for testing

Start by running a heavy jumper from the - battery terminal to the oil drain bolt.
If things start to work, clean/ replace te earth strap

Do the same with a + lead, first to the solenoid hot wire, second to the switched wire on the solenoid finally to the starter.
Same story any place when a drastic difference is noted, clean or replace the wire.

Next to the solenoid proper
remove it, clean up the base and the mounting bolts and the mounting bolt holes.
If it is OEM then it earths through the body by a mounting bolt check this by running a jumper from the battery - to the body of the solenoid.

All this checks out then run a + wire to the starter solenoid trigger terminal, verifies the solenoid
Run a wire directly from the S terminal on the switch to the trigger terminal on the solenoid, verifies the switch.

from there it is a matter of trying the jumper to both sides of the pto switch , parking brake & neutral switch.
All the start safety switches are normally open & close to complete the loop from the start switch to the solenoid trigger.

These wires are generally pink, yellow , orange or red with a tracer and may change colour at the switch plug

ThatGuyYouKnow

Threads
oh no you didnt up set me i was just thinking would replaceing the wiring harness fix it because im tired of fighting these wires. sorry. ill have to try the others when i get a new starter. and id did think maybe the starter was too weak too but it was the right starter.