Please help! Cub cadet RZT L 54

Donalds25

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

first time ever on a forum. I am that desperate for some help. I’m familiar with motors and how they run. But this is baffling my buddies and I. I have a 2012 cub cadet RZT L 54 zero turn. 24 HP Koehler 7000 series. Maybe this has been doing this the entire time but I’ve just noticed the last couple of times. Staying about the same and not getting better or worse.

seems as if the mower is running hot. “White smoke” or “steam” coming from fan vents. It is not burning oil. It has had a new filter when I noticed it (no help) fan blades have been cleaned. No exhaust smoke at all. Runs great. Cuts great. Just want to solve it running hot before something goes bad. Does not smell of burnt oil. More of just like a burnt smell in general. Idk. Please help! I don’t even know where to start with these air cooled things.

PS - I live on the eastern shore of MD. Humid is an understatement. Last night it was 94 degrees out and I cut 1.2 acres takes about a hour.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you taken blower housing off and checked for mouse nest or maybe a snake. Found one cooked the other day.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pull the flywheel & have a look at the stator & magnets

Donalds25

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pull the flywheel & have a look at the stator & magnets
Thanks for the reply. curious what i would be looking for. as long as the fan is spinning (which it is) everything should be fine there right?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You would be surprised what ends up under a flywheel.
It is your mower so if you don't want to pull it off then don't
You have the problem not me .

Donalds25

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update. Again no oil leak. Smoke is white. Not blue like a head gasket. Seems as if the smoke I’m seeing come from motor is actually coming from the muffler. Enough for me to see. Not wet. It’s all clean. The smoke is coming out and up under motor. Any thoughts

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the reply. curious what i would be looking for. as long as the fan is spinning (which it is) everything should be fine there right?
Take the blower housing off and checked for mouse nest or maybe a snake. Found one cooked the other day. No the fan has to blow the cooling air over the cooling fins on the cylinder and heads. If the fins are clogged up the fly wheel fan can not blow cooling air over the fins to carry the heat away from the cylinder and head. Can cause the head of exhaust valve to pop off. Exhaust valve seat to come out of the head. Exhaust valve guide to work its way out of the head until the rocker arm hits it and bends or breaks a push rod.