plastic transmissions

pophink

Forum Newbie
Threads
anybody know if any other transmissions will swap out with the craftsman plastic ones? i noticed some cubs and deeres have the same foot pedal setup and wondered if anyone tried swapping them. cant see spending the $800+ ona transmission thats probably going to need replacing again after a few years. i have 247 hours on a T3000 that wont move at all.

dfbroxy

Threads
anybody know if any other transmissions will swap out with the craftsman plastic ones? i noticed some cubs and deeres have the same foot pedal setup and wondered if anyone tried swapping them. cant see spending the $800+ ona transmission thats probably going to need replacing again after a few years. i have 247 hours on a T3000 that wont move at all.
I am not a technician but here is what I would do if no one answers soon. Go to partstree website and pull up parts diagram. Find out the technical name for the trans...hydro, mower gear mover..(whatever). Then try to find out what year your model craftsman switched to plastic trans and try to find one year prior. It will likely fit with very little to no modification as long as it still has the foot pedal setup.