Pivoting deck..

Hal12

Threads
Have a pivoting front deck on the snapper I'm looking to trade in next year. The country clipper I've been looking at doesn't have it...have to spend another 1500$ to get a model that has it. I liked it on the snapper. Deck followed the ground and clipped the grass fairly even. The question is do you think I would miss it much If I don't have it? tia

bkeller500

Threads
Simplicity made their decks with a rear roller that followed the terrain and kept the deck stable. I did not know they offered that feature on their Snapper models. Simplicity has changed their deck mounts to a suspended deck ( via chains) and that rear roller dose not follow the contour of the terrain quite like it used to. A pivoting deck can be a benefit and also a disadvantage. You have to learn to take advantage of it's benefits and adjust to where it fails. A non-pivoting deck raises and lowers and tilts as the tractor moves along the terrain. That also has advantages and disadvantages. You should go for a few test runs and compare and possibly have one brought to your property for a test in order to judge better. I have a Simplicity Courier XT zero turn and I love it. It handles my ditch, my flat lawn, and my hills just fine. My lawn has never looked better.