Pilot jet adjust

catbob

Threads
If you look up your carb you will find there isn't a pilot adjusting screw. There is a low speed adjustment screw which is limited. What is your mower doing? Lots of expert advice here on the forum that will help you with your problem.

Nickster2213

Threads
If you look up your carb you will find there isn't a pilot adjusting screw. There is a low speed adjustment screw which is limited. What is your mower doing? Lots of expert advice here on the forum that will help you with your problem.
It is running rich, I have taken the carburetor apart and cleaned it and replaced the spark plug and replaced air filter and checked the valve lash and combustion on piston is 85psi
.It has me lost for what to do to get it running properly.

catbob

Threads
Does it start good? Do only have trouble after it is hot? It sounds like it is fuel related, did you clean and replace the needle and seat. Make sure after the motor is warmed up and that the butterfly valve is opened all the way and not partially closed.

Nickster2213

Threads
It starts no problem , it starts to run rich and blow black smoke and I assume it is running rich, and I pull the spark plug and it is black, and yes the choke is off when it is running. I even ran it without the filter

catbob

Threads
It still sounds like carb problem. You should check the float again and make sure it's not sticking open. Also check your oil , smell and see if it has a gas smell, if it does the float is probably not shutting off the fuel and its going pass the piston down the cylinder to the oil.