Penny Pincher Alert: Cart Wheel/Tire

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My little toy cart I tow with my rider keeps getting flats and sometimes de rimming out in the boonies. Tubes are $7 online. Harbor Fright coupon good thru tomorrow ,7/31 $4 for steel 10" wheel and tire with ball bearing 5/8." shaft. Mine is an oxcart with axles running on steel bushings and the zerks fell off long ago. Go snatch 'em up . No delivery. Local store has 50.

Get coupon FIRST SKU 30900 , others. . .

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IF you like having to buy them every six months. I tried them on my hand cart and with them sitting outdoors they come apart in less than six months. With HFT 30+ one way I was spending more in time and gas than I got use out of them. Finally brought some good Carlisle tires and tubes. I haven't had a problem in three years.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Good 'Ol HF.... sent them a box with a broke tool and several driver bits, and a letter explaining why i won't buy anything from them anymore...

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had a set of them on a hand truck. One of them split in the tread within days of installing them. Not a fan of HF tires

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Points made and yes , there is junk. I would not buy a Chinese car tire. The Chinese "OEM" tires on the cart are 17 years old and have served. Also, beware, this penny pincher CANNOT USE THESE..... my little toy cart axle is 3/4" dia across the bed and into the ox cart wheels. Back to dismantle, inspect, reinflate, water test. lose air, inject sealant, lose air, dismount, add tube, pick up thorn, etc..

Interesting how HF ignites readers like only a few other things.....like OIL

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is good stuff and bad stuff from China. Here lately it has been more bad than good. Most things I have tried from HFT have gone back. My first puller were great until I broke one of them then the replacement set wasn't centered drive line wise. Still haven't replacement them as I got to put my hands on the replacement set to check them out for quality.

It is just people swearing by JB Weld which I never had any good luck with using. Every application was a failure.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have lots of stuff from HF. Most of it good. 20 ton press, pnumatic oil extractor, earthquake 1/2 impact, pry bars, tool box, ratchets, and a buch of other stuff. Some of their suff is good some isn't and some of it is just trash. All depends.
Now about that oil...........

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Above pretty much my experience. Across the vast expanse of buyer testimonials it seemed HF reports were fairly honest, but recently HF has censored several of my reports of shoddy and stupid business practices. HF also refuses "longitudinal" (aka reliability ) reports. This is also shortsighted as some reports give useful tips to products such as repairs and maintenance in understandable English. A lot is left in the hands of the local store management who can be surprisingly buyer friendly.