PB 2400 Blower Start

dshcs

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Echo PB 2400 Blower fires up primed and choked first or second pull, but dies out in a couple of seconds choked or not choked. If I keep priming, choking, starting and unchoking, it runs longer and longer each time until it runs constantly, but only at low throttle. If I gun it, it dies. If I get it running at low throttle for a couple of minutes I can slowly throttle up to a working speed and then it works fine including idle. Once it is warmed up, it starts fine. Is this a fuel system problem or something else? Any ideas?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you using Echo 2-cycle oil? I use Echo 2-cycle oil, high test gas with a name brand fuel treatment per instructions on bottle. Also check air filter.

MowLife

Threads
Sounds like a fuel problem to me. Check fuel filter first ...if it’s clear then I would pull the carb and clean and inspect.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The first sign of a leaking crankshaft seal is being a bitch to start when cold , and the seals are dry, then being easy to start when the engine is hot & seals are wet so making a better seal.

As others have stated, most likely a fuel related problem.
To check the seals you need to do a pressure & vaccuum test on the crank.
Not difficult but does require a pump, a valve & some blanking plates

Joe Pace from the Husqvarna training school has some videos called 2 stroke diagnosis showing exactly how to do it on U-Tube
A repair shop will charge you around an hour to do the test.

dshcs

Forum Newbie
Threads
All good advice. I pulled the air filter and half of it was saturated with oil so I bet fuel has been leaking from the carb. It did not run any better without the filter. I ran fuel system cleaner into the system and let it sit overnight. It seems to maintain an idle better than before, but you still have to sneak up on full throttle, gunning it just stalls. I guess I will crack open the carb and see what there is to see. Thanks for the help.