Parts Manual needed for 1998 61" with shaftdrive PTO, joytick, and 25hp horizontal crankshaft Kohler.

Turnaround

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Parts Manual needed for 1998 61" with shaftdrive PTO, joytick, and 25hp horizontal crankshaft Kohler.
Please do not insult my intelligence by asking for the model and/or serial number. It does not have any more numbers/plates on the mower. It has a pop riveted aluminum plate on the deck with 85210770 stamped on it. It's 25hp Command Pro Kohler has a barely readable label that does call out the family and other necessary info for identifying the engine. The mower (per the engine plate) is a 1998 Snapper manufactured by Snapper which would be before Snapper sold to Simplicity in 2002. All the info from Snapper's current owners (B & S since 2004) illustrate vertical crank engines and v-belt drive forward to the 61" decks, when using their newer design ZTurns with 25hp engines. It looks like the ad people mixed up the terms "mid engine" and "zero-turn" quite a bit. My ZRIDER - PRO-CRUISER (not Yard Cruiser) uses a horizontal crank engine with a shaft drive going up to a 90 degree transmission on the 61" deck, then onto a v-belt around the three cutting spindles. I absolutely love the shaft drive design. And I appreciate the robust design of the mower and deck, for instance: the thickness of the deck metal. As this is a nice simple twin coil/flweel triggered ignition system, and as it uses a normal Keinen (sp?) carburetor, even I can make it run. BUT, I would like to find a friendly late 1990s era Snapper dealer that would be willing to copy his old 1998 PRO CRUISER parts manual for me. ManualLib (on line) gets close, but does not quit hit it with their offering #07224 (I.R. 1/00). The outward appearance of my unit is very similar to units displayed on the Internet, and illustration of Z-Turns within the currently available service manual. By the way, this is not my first rodeo with old zero turn junkers. Previous projects, a ton of old style lawn tractors, then onto a 25 hp x 61" zero turn Scag shaft PTO drive, a 72" x 26hp zero turn Exmark belt PTO drive, and a 72" x 33.2hp zero turn Ferris Diesel with belt PTO drive - - -which I converted to shaft drive PTO initiated when I broke three PTO belts in one day. I think its an interting story if anyone wants to hear it. But as I say, I need help finding a parts catalog. Thanks to all.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Parts Manual needed for 1998 61" with shaftdrive PTO, joytick, and 25hp horizontal crankshaft Kohler.
If you could post a couple of pictures of the unit it may help us help you. Remember, us old farts need to visualize what you have, especially changes you describe, to jog our feeble memories.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to the forum Turnaround.

slomo

Turnaround

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well thanks for the friendlys, but if anyone knows of (an old dude, that was selling over the counter and reading [and still has] a paper parts manual, that is the fellow I am looking for). Unfortunately, today's young guys were not around when real paper, parts manuals were being used. And as for poor me, I think the younger guys, scanning parts manuals, missed my manual for the 1998 joy stick Pro-Cruisers, 61" shaft drive decks, with 25hp Kohler engine. I imagine Snapper was at the end of their prime time, and as we know, they sold to Simplicity. B & S folks are good guys, but their scans are all of vertical crank shaft engines and belt drive PTOs, not shaft drive like I need.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I guess at 70, been working on this equipment for more than 50 years, started when paper manuals were all we had before microfiche I must be too young for your likes. Because you have a commercial unit, probably model ZMT2500KH-84326 it’s probably buried in my archives and I’m too lazy to dig it out. Just might be literature kit 5-7725, but because of your arrogant comments don’t even ask for any more help. The bridge has been totally burnt, because I’ll bet I’m older than you.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well thanks for the friendlys, but if anyone knows of (an old dude, that was selling over the counter and reading [and still has] a paper parts manual, that is the fellow I am looking for). Unfortunately, today's young guys were not around when real paper, parts manuals were being used. And as for poor me, I think the younger guys, scanning parts manuals, missed my manual for the 1998 joy stick Pro-Cruisers, 61" shaft drive decks, with 25hp Kohler engine. I imagine Snapper was at the end of their prime time, and as we know, they sold to Simplicity. B & S folks are good guys, but their scans are all of vertical crank shaft engines and belt drive PTOs, not shaft drive like I need.
Honestly sir, your tone is rather over zealous. You come on here as a new member asking for something impossible. An older guy that used to work in a mower shop the same day YOUR mower was hatched. Pretty tough sandwich to swallow right? Easy with the passion sir.

Rivets and many others on here help a lot of people daily with their wisdom. These guys are what make this the best mower forum on the internet.

slomo

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then if it is 7084326 - ZMT2500KH, 25HP Kohler Series 0

70824757082475 - ZM6100M, 61" Mower Deck Series 0
70846097084609 - ZM6101M, 61" Mower Deck Series 1
70846717084671 - ZM6102M, 61" Mower Deck Series 2

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Star we are on the right track but because he won’t provide more info I can’t be sure. Could be an ZMT2500K, but this guy may have worked on many pieces of equipment, but his post just hit me between the balls and I’m not going to waste any more time trying to help him with his Gen X attitude of, if you don’t know exactly what I want and I want it now, then don’t bother me.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I know...I work on a lot equipment myself but it is and will always be something I have never seen before come into my shop.

Sometimes all it takes is asking nicely to get the info you need. Like the PN for a o-ring use on Hydro Gear pump that I ask Hydro Gear for the PN because hated to open a kit just for one o-ring.

tagpop

Threads
A picture is still worth a thousand words, and I do have some old microfiche that might help, if I can find it in my junk.