Paint match

Roll

Threads
Is Rust Oleum "Regal Red" a match for eXmark red? For touch up.

Roll

Threads
Decided to just pay the outrageous price and buy the eXmark paint. It sells for $2.70 an ounce, (12 oz spray can is about $32.50).

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd of had to try a dab of the Rust o Regal red, just to see. Never know..

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
where abouts are you located?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The first day you mowed the colour started to fade so if you are touching up even the exact same colour will not match perfectly .
The only paint that dies not fade is fully vitrified metal oxide pigment enamel
Panel beaters usually dilute the original coour to make it a bit lighter then feather the coats so there is no hard joint line followed by a lot of high gloss to mask the repair under bling .

Roll

Threads
Thanks Bert, good advice and thanks scrub for the link. Shipping to central Ohio might negate the savings or maybe not. I'll check on that.
Washed it after using is once. Its in the shed now for the winter. I have a float charger connected. I have always disconnected the battery when in storage for winter with a float charged attached. What is the norm, leave the battery connected to the system or disconnect it.

Interesting that what took me 2 hours with the old JD only took me an hour with the zero.

nbpt100

Threads
I do not know about Exmark Red but I find Regal Red is a pretty close match to Toro.

TLAR640

Threads
Majic Tractor Truck & Implement Enamel Paint, IH Red, Spray, 8-22972-8 from Tractor Supply is a very, very close match, fwiw

wekjo

Threads
Decided to just pay the outrageous price and buy the eXmark paint. It sells for $2.70 an ounce, (12 oz spray can is about $32.50).
Not here nor there but I found 6 dollar a can allis Chalmers hardware store spray paint is a pretty good color match to simplicity orange which costs 27 dollars a can.

Roll

Threads
LOL
Not here nor there but I found 6 dollar a can allis Chalmers hardware store spray paint is a pretty good color match to simplicity orange which costs 27 dollars a can.
Oddly, after all the consternation over a $32 can of spray paint, I used a bit on the end of a brush to touch up a very small nick on the side of the deck. It was a bit orangey for my taste. Next can will be the Rust-Oleum "Regal Red" that I should have bought in the first place. ;-)
Anyone interested in an expensive can of claimed OE paint? I used only a bit I sprayed into the inside of the cap. I can let you have it for .... oh how about $30. even. ;-) You know what, never mind, I'm going to have it framed in a 3D box and hung on the wall.