Paint for 1999 Model 10525 Duraforce 6.5 Hp

intruder1500

Threads
Looking for spray paint for subject mower in Ontario. Previous owner painted part of the deck with a terrible shade of green. Stripped the mower and want to repaint the deck in the correct colour. Thanks in advance for any responses.

FuzzyDriver

Threads
"Grabber Green" (from O'Reilly's) is very close, almost perfect. The deck plate is a NOS Easy Mulch, so it shows how close Grabber Green is. The shroud is original, so it has a minor fade from 35 years. The shroud is still pretty good for as old as it is! Here's a picture of the mower (looks nice, don't it?)::

Jawn-Boy 14.jpg

intruder1500

Threads
Nice job! Mower looks like new!

Mower King

Threads
That IS a nice looking little mower!

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
That looks better than new! Alloy deck too! Mine is identical except for the flimsy steel deck. Been looking for that aluminum deck for a while, hard to find a non-propelled one these days. Have to remember that Mopar grabber green for touch ups.

intruder1500

Threads
"Grabber Green" (from O'Reilly's) is very close, almost perfect. The deck plate is a NOS Easy Mulch, so it shows how close Grabber Green is. The shroud is original, so it has a minor fade from 35 years. The shroud is still pretty good for as old as it is! Here's a picture of the mower (looks nice, don't it?)::

View attachment 54019
Is that a steel deck? What did you do to prep it? stripper / sanding / ? Not quite sure how to proceed on an aluminum deck.....mines a mess. And do you know where to get replacement decals?

FuzzyDriver

Threads
intruder1500: That is an aluminum deck. You can tell the aluminum decks from the steel decks easiest by looking at the height adjusters. If they are part of the deck, the deck is aluminum (or the magnesium alloy). Steel decks have to have separate height control assemblies because they are just stamped steel. As for paint prep, all I had to do was scrub it down real well and it took the automotive "Grabber Green" just fine. Replacement decals are available, I've seen them on eBay mowers. If you want to see more photo's of it and a big write-up of all the work I did on it (three months!), do a search on craigslist, Monroe, MI for 'Lawn-Boy'. It's still the only one there after a week. Maybe I should do a post here for it...