Outside storage

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe it's just me. But I don't like keeping customers stuff out in the weather. Riding and push mowers, I'm not too concerned about. Especially ones that have fuel lines and carb bowl nuts that are easy to get to. With all the rain we've gotten in the last few days (and more to come).
But I took in so many generators yesterday, I don't have much room in the shop now. The equipment I have finished, never gets put out in the rain.

What your take on keeping equipment outside in the sun & rain? Is it OK to keep generators out in the rain? It doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Might get some plastic totes for covers? Stack inside each other when stored. My dad instilled in me to never leave stuff outside, even my wheelbarrow is in the shed.

Richie F

Threads
Might get some plastic totes for covers? Stack inside each other when stored. My dad instilled in me to never leave stuff outside, even my wheelbarrow is in the shed.

Ditto.
Small light stuff can be put on racks inside to make room.
Or get a bigger shed. Lol.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't take in more than i can fit in the shop or the barn. Nothing sets outside for a few reasons. Theft, rain and township zoning inspector. Long story on the last one.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Yes, those large plastic totes work great for generators. (y)

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a two bay shop, that's full to the brim when I close up at night. The trimmers, I have on a strap that connected to two poles. It's full.
The guy I'm renting the shop from, needs to come help me clean out some of his stuff. Simply because it can't go outside. And there's really no room in the tire shop, on the other side of the building.

I just bought a big tarp for customers stuff out back.