OTR Zero-T Tires

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have searched the internet and can't find any information or impressions about these tires other than from the manufacturer. Just a single review on their website.

These tires came equipped on my Bob-Cat mower. I have traction issues with the machine and I'm not sure if it's the machine or these tires. It's a fairly light machine at 850 pounds, about 200 pounds lighter than my Exmark unit of the same size, so that's likely part of the issue. But I can't help but think these tires were made to be low impact on turf at the sacrifice of traction. Traction is better now that I have the rear bagger hopper on my machine, but still pretty poor compared to what I'm used to and I don't want to have to keep the hopper on at all times.

Sideways stability of the machine is actually excellent with these tires, but I have little control going down hills and on turns. Being that they spin and slide a lot, they clog up with mud and grass and are slow to clear...in fact they don't really clear at all until they dry out and essentially become slicks.

I really hate the thought of having to replace a set of tires with under 200 hours on them, but I'm seriously considering replacing them with a set of Carlisle Turfmasters. I've been running Turfmasters on my Exmarks since 2002 and still have the original ones on my Lazer at 1900 and they still work fine.

So anybody else used these tires?

http://otrwheel.com/product/otr-zero-t/