OT Why is it that some people are so Rude !!

OldDiyer

Threads
Not only this site but two others that I am on and watch seems that so many people will ask for help help and many people will reply with ideas for repairs or help. Sometimes answers may be a bit off what they are looking for but the help is FREE and people are taking the time to give some help as asked. So the OP gets many answers but than we are left hanging as to weather or not they ever solved to problem, did someone give them the right help?Did they get it fixed on their own ? Did they give up and just left it for some other time? Guess I'm old school where when someone helps you out and things work out you could at least take the time to say THANK YOU.
I've only been on this site a short time and have gotten help with some problems, and didn't get alot of help with others but sometimes problems just don't have a perfect answer.
If these people went to their local repair shop or over the phone they may not get any answers to their problems except to bring the unit in and we'll see what we can do ( with a FEE).
So here we are asking questions that we are asking not only to everyone but also by the replys some pro repair people.
So to all the people that help people for free because we are looking to save a buck most of us wish to say ( I think ) THANK YOU ALL FOR THE FREE HELP !!!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It comes from thinking the universe revolves around you.
I put a lot of it down to smaller families with parents who dote over their children. And give them everything they originally ask for then end up demanding.
When you walk around a shopping mall or supermarket have a listen to all the parents telling their kids how magnificant they are .
add to that TV which has been shown to shorten the attention span of kids, music videos that shorten the span of teenagers .
Then there is social media that lives on every one "liking" every word you type the instant you type it .

olgeezershonda

Threads
Most here will help out as much as they can. Sometimes questions and/or answers are written poorly and you have that 'huh?' moment and move on. And some people just come across a bit crusty but don't mean to be rude.

And yeah, calling up a business for a how do I repair such and such will likely not get you too far if they don't know you. Those cheap 'customers' don't help pay the wages nor the bills.

Last edited:

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
The problem with them coming into the shop and wanting something for nothing help is this. Where I work we get $80.00 and hour and I take my time to help them they will either answer their cell phone or argue with me. Either way we are done. Don't be that stupid instead of waiting for them to answer their phone, I am not going to stand there and argue, I go back to the shop and do my job repairing mowers. I work on a salary plus a percentage of the labor I turn so to stand there wasting time is not profitable for the shop or me. Would they work for you for nothing. I do take a little time and try to answer their question if they meet the above criteria. I have had a few people come back here and thank me for the help I gave them and I appreciate that. Very seldom get people come back where I work and thank me. Though there have been a few. One problem with trying to help people here is not enough information no model type and code # or model spec and serial # or model and serial #. Just my thoughts. It can be fun helping others and I enjoy that.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Alway happy to help over the phone because I can do that while I work with the hands free.
Face to face, they have to talk to me while I work if I have work to do.
If they want to argue I walk into the shop & grab the schedule of fees for an arguement .
Most get the hint
OTOH not afraid to tell people what I do or even show them
Mower repair is not rocket science and there are plenty of forums like this and miles of You Tube how to videos.
It has created a strong customer relationship
There re only 2000 houses in my repair foot print so being accessiable is important for my customers .