Ordering extra's just doesn't work

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I kicked off I ordered double of most things I needed ,
BAck then it was better than now as the retail prices were a lot higher so I could add enough mark up to cover the second item and still a little beer money.
Now with all of the E-tailers selling junk on evilpay from their outside toilets margins are squeezed a lot.
I still have to order in parts for jobs but it is only the odd one.
Of the over ordered , I sell about 1/3 as parts and about the same for jobs in house but the killer is long delivery times.
Just waited 7 weeks to get a spindle housing from Jacks
The Briggs stators took 13 weeks
Still waiting for V twin diode looms that were ordered 12 weeks ago, thankfully the diodes arrived in 4 weeks from Hong Kong and thus it goes on.
I carry around 2000 air filters over around 300 different lines .
Don't expect to sell them all every season but as an example this time last year we had bushfires raging all around here and in 2 weeks I did 47 fire pumps.
Could no have done it if I did not have the cartons of Honda & Briggs filters on hand plus the metal cased fuel filters.
Even better is no one quibbed at the price or argued that they did not need a filter all they cared about was their pump sprayed water and I had 30,000 litres in the tank so each & every one was shown to be working.
I know at least 6 customers used their pumps to save their property .
Some of those filters were in the stock I took over when I bought the business back in 2012 & this was the first time I sold one .
Telling a customer you do not have the parts to service their pumps with would not have done anyone any good.
Sold 11 carbs and 13 float bowls .
That was my best months trading ever

LMAO.. This one briggs I'm working on (591597), I ONLY need the seat. Since I have several gasket sets in stock for these type of briggs, I went straight to my Briggs kit drawer and found ever dang one of them was missing from the package. And no new unsealed kits. Looks like I'm gonna have to order some more kits.

My collection of kits to fit Stihl and Echo has grown quite a bit this year. Was hoping for more saws. But the only ones I've gotten in are those throwaways with not enough compression to mess with.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My bread and butter is seasonal maint on riders and ZTRs. Dealers want anywhere from $200-$350 to pickup and deliver with annual maint. Most folks with a 5+ year old mower don't want to pay that to a dealer or $100 to change a belt. The dealers and shops around me are all OEM parts only. Lots of folks are OK with aftermarket. I don't fault the dealers plus they have plenty of business. I am not taking any work from them. I have a 20+ year old AYP/Craftsman in the shop now. Needs annual maint, the deck rebuilt, drive and blade belts and front deck support trunions. Local shop wouldn't work on it and said it would cost twice what the mower is worth. Well over $500. I am doing it for about $300 or so and they are happy with that. I am seeing bigger bills than i used to. Especially if i need parts for newer machines. I keep a lot of mowers out of the scrap pile. When the dealers get busy all they want to work on is new stuff. Last week i put a $1200 power steering cylinder on a Ford 901 tractor a guy is restoring. Also points, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, cleaned and rebuilt the carb and fixed a whole bunch of corroded wiring. That was a cha-ching $$$$ bill.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
LMAO.. This one briggs I'm working on (591597), I ONLY need the seat. Since I have several gasket sets in stock for these type of briggs, I went straight to my Briggs kit drawer and found ever dang one of them was missing from the package. And no new unsealed kits. Looks like I'm gonna have to order some more kits.

My collection of kits to fit Stihl and Echo has grown quite a bit this year. Was hoping for more saws. But the only ones I've gotten in are those throwaways with not enough compression to mess with.
Lots of times all you need for the 2 smoke carbs is a diaphragm and gasket. I buy them in ten packs off evilbay. Used to get the GND kits but getting harder to find.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Lots of times all you need for the 2 smoke carbs is a diaphragm and gasket. I buy them in ten packs off evilbay. Used to get the GND kits but getting harder to find.
Maybe you should look into CTS and DC Spares then.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads

Been having a lot problem with Zama carbs on Stihl units not priming this year and the parts cost as much as a new carburetor.

And not able to find the 591597 on the Power Portal site. Are sure of the PN?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Only place I see that 591597 is on Amazon

Nowhere else recognizes the part number.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That what I am finding so I look up the part to see if there is just seats available. That PN is not even in my latest price file download from Power Distributors which leads me to wonder what engine it is actually on.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Been having a lot problem with Zama carbs on Stihl units not priming this year and the parts cost as much as a new carburetor.

And not able to find the 591597 on the Power Portal site. Are sure of the PN?

On this rare instance, this is the number stamped on this carb. The Briggs logo is also stamped on it. But while doing the research on this carb, (Partstree and another) the pn is different. It's listed as 593599. Funny thing, both Partstree and Jacks show two carbs. But only list the one. Maybe the other was discontinued.
From Amazon, I got a PN match. I ordered one from Amazon, like $15. Stens doesn't even have the kit for this carb. OEM kits run about $30 +shipping. Being a pressure washer, if the pump is bad, then I won't have a lot into it.

Stocking parts (the right ones) is tricky for us new guys. I got about 20 belts stocked at the moment. I've been pretty lucky with those. I've only had to order about 50% of the one's I've sold.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Note the numbers on Briggs carburetors is the supplier to Briggs part numbers then Briggs modify them at times to meet their actual application. As for showing two different carburetors Briggs is recycling some parts of the IPL drawings.

As for the needle/seat set the PN is 799177 if the engine is on date code 18113000 or later.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Note the numbers on Briggs carburetors is the supplier to Briggs part numbers then Briggs modify them at times to meet their actual application. As for showing two different carburetors Briggs is recycling some parts of the IPL drawings.

As for the needle/seat set the PN is 799177 if the engine is on date code 18113000 or later.

I slipped down to a two yesterday (or the day before). When I removed the needle, the rubber seat was attached to the metal needle. I didn't think anything of it, as in looking down at where the seat came from. When looking up the needle and seat, it showed a rubber tip needle and a metal seat. So, I'm thinking I'm just not looking at the right part.
Just by chance, I looked down into the hole were the seat goes (trying to insert a used seat I blew out of another carb, and that's when I noticed the shape of the hole. Someone had this carb all jacked up.
You wouldn't happened to know the part number for just the needle, would you? Because I might have one. I just bought a variety of needles from Briggs Stratton parts.com... (Not Briggs AND Stratton)