Opinion, Used JD 727a

shadco

Threads
I'm going to check this one out in the AM and if it is as good as it seems I may snag it

2005 JD 727a 23hp Kawi, 54" deck. 88 Hours fluids just changed. $4600.00

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Residential use 2 acres relatively smooth and flat, yard is in good condition.

727a.jpg

mowerman05

Threads
When I bought my z 930 the dealer was telling me about some earlier model ztrs that john deere had problems with but I do not know what models , good luck . I love my z930:thumbsup:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm going to check this one out in the AM and if it is as good as it seems I may snag it

2005 JD 727a 23hp Kawi, 54" deck. 88 Hours fluids just changed. $4600.00

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Residential use 2 acres relatively smooth and flat, yard is in good condition.

View attachment 17872

I can't tell by the picture...is that a 7-iron "stamped" deck or a fabricated deck??? Personally, I wouldn't spend almost $5K on a stamped deck ZTR(especially used).

shadco

Threads
I can't tell by the picture...is that a 7-iron "stamped" deck or a fabricated deck??? Personally, I wouldn't spend almost $5K on a stamped deck ZTR(especially used).

Yes that is a stamped 7 gauge deck. So I would be better off with a 10 gauge fabricated deck?

Aren't JD's with 7 iron decks fairly highly regarded?

He will go down to 4200

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes that is a stamped 7 gauge deck. So I would be better off with a 10 gauge fabricated deck?

Aren't JD's with 7 iron decks fairly highly regarded?

He will go down to 4200

I've heard good things about the cut quality of the 7 iron decks, but personally I prefer fabricated over stamped. I'm not very up on JD models and do not know much about the Mini-Z series that the 727a falls into. Is the Kawa motor a FS(Heavy Duty) series or FX(Commercial) series? The FX will have the Donaldson dual stage cannister type air filtration system and the FS will have a regular paper element filter. That seems like a fair price for fairly low hours but could also be a 'warning sign". Maybe someone more familiar with JD's will chime in with some advice.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes that is a stamped 7 gauge deck. So I would be better off with a 10 gauge fabricated deck? Aren't JD's with 7 iron decks fairly highly regarded? He will go down to 4200

I am not a JD fan
But the 7 iron decks are very good I would go with it over the 10 gauge fab deck.
You will like the cut much better and less deck clogging.
I think the unit is worth $4200

mowerman05

Threads
I like the cut on my jd with a 7 iron deck, very little clogging if any. only have to clean it once every three or four weeks with it running about 4 hrs every day.

pete326

Threads
Only 88 hours on a 2005? If that's the case, and assuming the appearance of the machine reflects its true condition, it looks like an excellent buy for $4200. A lot of other so-called commercial grade machines still use 10 gauge decks. Looks like you might have yourself a winner.

shadco

Threads
So…..

8 years later, this mower has been flawless. 1 dead battery, 2 flats (roofers didn’t clean up well).