Oldest running snowblower?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anyone have one older than my '89 vintage dual stage Craftsman 24 inch with a 5 hp Tecumseh Snow King? I do have an '84 vintage Sno-Burst but that one doesn't run.

briggs

Threads
I have a few here is my simplicity i am not sure what year it is tho ..Will run the numbers soon ..It has a 8hp T.C engine runs good

Attachments

• downloads 022.jpg
    downloads 022.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 45

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a few here is my simplicity i am not sure what year it is tho ..Will run the numbers soon ..It has a 8hp T.C engine runs good

Nice pic, yours has an all metal discharge chute and the gas cap is a type they used in the early 80's so I guess you are first in the lineup now. My Craftsman uses an all plastic discharge chute I have always thought the more steel in a powered equipment unit the older it is :biggrin:

briggs

Threads
Nice pic, yours has an all metal discharge chute and the gas cap is a type they used in the early 80's so I guess you are first in the lineup now. My Craftsman uses an all plastic discharge chute I have always thought the more steel in a powered equipment unit the older it is :biggrin:

I was thinking very late 70s early 80s myself it weighs a ton lol ...But runs perfect ....I am not sure what i am going to do with it might repaint if i can find the proper paint ...I have a few that i have already done will up load pics soon ..ty for the reply :thumbsup:

briggs

Threads
here is a few more i did ...I have them all but the Gilson now sold it to my brother in-law thats him testing it out lol last year

Attachments

• 247.jpg
    247.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 42
  • GetAttachment15.jpg
    GetAttachment15.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 52
  • GetAttachment39.jpg
    GetAttachment39.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 49

Mace Canute

Threads
I have an old Toro "Snow Hound" that was made back in the mid sixties. Here's a video of one.YouTube - Starting the TORO Snow Hound and a web pic also.
shb1.jpg

I'm just glad I don't have snow like this to deal with!
Oswego1.jpg

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an old Toro "Snow Hound" that was made back in the mid sixties. Here's a video of one.YouTube - Starting the TORO Snow Hound and a web pic also.
shb1.jpg

I'm just glad I don't have snow like this to deal with!
Oswego1.jpg

Oh, I love that gadget....it appears to me it has one of those metal tabs by the spark plug that you snap over onto the plug wire to kill the engine...right? Can't remember the last time I saw one of those. Some of the local thrift stores around here have had some older type machines like yours that were horribly neglected, I thought about buying them but didn't really need more non-running gadgets.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh, I love that gadget....it appears to me it has one of those metal tabs by the spark plug that you snap over onto the plug wire to kill the engine.

I noticed that also... BUT someone has put a rubber boot on the plug. That will prevent it from shorting out the spark..?
Do any of you recall the times you didn't watch closely and touch the top of the plug... WAKES you right up... :smile:KennyV

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 0

briggs

Threads
I noticed that also... BUT someone has put a rubber boot on the plug. That will prevent it from shorting out the spark..?
Do any of you recall the times you didn't watch closely and touch the top of the plug... WAKES you right up... :smile:KennyV

oh yes i have had many zaps by them older machines my 1960s Jacobsen 2 stroke lawn mower still gets me sometimes lol :confused2: