Older Freedom Z - Advice Needed - Baffles & Tires

Gamonman

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is my first post so please go easy if I missed something. I bought a new 52” Freedom Z in 2009 and it’s been great except for 2 things. I recently discovered I can do something about these issues but I need advice.

- I learned I can put baffles on the deck to keep the dirt blowback under control but I can’t find them for sale online. The two big Scag sites either don’t have baffles at all or won’t find my serial number range.
- The One thing I REALLY always hated is the rear tires! I’ve been on a lot of zero turn mowers and I’ve never had anything with less traction on hills, I’ve never been stuck so much, and I’ve never pierced any tire so easily as the 20X10-8 V-Turf tires that it came with. I even had one collapse and come off the rim while on a steep sideways incline.

So anyway, I was hoping to find baffles for it somewhere online and get recommendations on better tires. Ive heard the Freedom Z can use a 22” tire but I’d need to know how to adjust deck pitch. I’ve never done that. All that said, the mower has been great with very few other problems. I’ve cut 5 acres a week for 12 years with this machine, 8 months out of the year.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I recommend you call Scag customer service at this number, (844) 491-4859. Having dealt with Scag over the years, I have found their customer service very helpful. Make sure you have your model and serial numbers available when you call.