Old Montgomery Ward Wood Splitter Information Needed

Spec_tech

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Everyone.

So I was recently given an old Montgomery Ward wood splitter that used to belong to my grandpa. It was used recently and noticed that since it's been sitting, it's been leaking hydraulic fluid and possibly oil from the engine.

I don't know if there are even any manuals existing for repair or maintenance, let alone parts.

The only model number I can find on it is barely readable and only the first 7 characters can be made out, TMO 2444-----. The closest model I found online by searching for this was Model TMO 24440C 284G, but I'm not even sure if this is the exact one.
I found a couple forum posts mentioning this model basically saying that it's so old that parts probably don't exist anymore and it will need to be modified with newer parts/equipment.

Can anyone advise on any possible repair information, parts, or any other sources that could help out?

Attachments

• Montgomery Ward Model TMO 24440C 284G.jpg
    Montgomery Ward Model TMO 24440C 284G.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 3

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Old Montgomery Ward Wood Splitter Information Needed
Just consider that the only thing the model number is going to relate at this point is the frame. Hydraulic cylinder leak goes to a hydraulic repair place for rebuild/repair. Hoses can be either purchases only or in my area the local Napa stores make hydraulic hoses. The pump and control valve are available a lot of farm stores, Northern Tool, etc. Engine would carry it's own model number and would need to have parts ordered by that number from whomever the engine was made by.