OH195SP blowing oil out the rocker cover tube

Dewey18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Help. I've got an Ariens snow blower with a Tecumseh OHV OH195SP motor. It's approx 10 yrs old and this year suddenly is blowing oil out the rocker cover tube. Otherwise runs great. I know the usual issue is a clogged crankcase breather, but this engine doesn't seem to have a crankcase breather. I've looked at exploded parts view of this engine and I do not see a breather. Is anyone familiar with this motor? Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The breather is part of the rocker cover.

OH(H) engines use an umbrella valve type breather that is found in the rocker arm cover. Use solvent and compressed air to clean the area if necessary.
Individual components are serviced only by the replacement of the complete cover.
1641216448213.png
You also may have either a blown head gasket or excessive cylinder blow-by.

Dewey18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for that info. I wasn't aware the breather was part of the rocker cover. The valve moves freely and everything is clean. I'll order a replacement cover and see how it goes. Thanks again!

Best regards.
full
full

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Very seldom have I seen the breather go bad. I would check for a blown head gasket before ordering a new one.

Dewey18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will do, thanks for your assistance.

Dewey18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the advice! I replaced the head gasket. First snow since the repair was last night, I used the snow blower today. Seems all is good now. Thanks again.

Best regards.