Numbers, numbers!?!

StihlCrazy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

I am a facility manager for a property that uses almost exclusively Stihl products. I am still inventorying the items but my list so far is...
BG 86
BG 86C
KM130R
KM111R
FS90
HS45
HT133
MS193T
D15
MS192
MS311
MS250
FS100
In the effort to properly inventory all items I am trying to get a list with Model Name and number, Serial Number, etc. My question is; Can anyone tell me what the stamped numbers on the bottom of the units are? I attempted to attach a couple of pictures but somehow the pictures I took with my phone did not attach. The response I received was "uploaded file is too large". Not sure what size attachments will work if my phone took picture is too large.

StihlCrazy

Forum Newbie
Threads
FYI: I had no trouble finding the stickers on leaf blowers, hedge trimmers, kombiengines, weed trimmers, etc. but can't figure out any of the chainsaws.

logert gogert

Threads
what you can do is:

go to your photos on your computer, find the picture you took on your phone, then left click the picture, then click "save image as."
then come back here and upload it.

i had the same issue trying to post aptitude i took from my GoPro on here, because it said the file was "too large"
i just went to my photos, saved the image as, and came back here, and it looked at the photo as if it were a regular photo and not a "file"

if you don't understand i can just tell you a bit better....LOL

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
600 x 600 DPI should work fine in Jpeg format this is about as large as older Smart phones can display.

StihlCrazy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here we go!

Attachments

• 20200309_1519441.jpg
    20200309_1519441.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200309_151950.jpg
    20200309_151950.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 9

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Those are part numbers that first four (1123) indicate engine series. The ones in the circle is the months of the year with the orange being made in March.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Does this help?
What's in a Name?
Stihl chain saw model numbers contain the letters MS, which is short for the German word motorsagen, which means motor saw. This labeling holds true for other Stihl product lines, as well. Line trimmers bear the designation FS for the German word freischneider, handheld blowers BG for the German word blasgerat and backpack blowers BR, for blasgerat ruckentragbar.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Stihl usually rivet an ID tag in an out of the way place where it wont get worn away.
Not much information on them that is any good to anyone other than a Stihl dealer
However like a lot of factories, the model numbers cast into parts will be the first model that it fitted so the 1123 shown earlier will be on moor than one tool.
keeping an invenory list with model & serial numbers is a good idea.

As for your photos. downlod them from your phone to your computer then save them as a JPG.
Phones use a funny file format that makes the files look massive to the server softwear.
If they still do not upload then resize them all to 12" x 8" and change the resolution to 72 dpi

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Stihl usually rivet an ID tag in an out of the way place where it wont get worn away.
Not always. Just they engrave the serial in the plastic on some models and then it get worn away.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So they would be the domestic ones from Brazil & China I gather ?
Never seen one other than on a plate.