Now I have seen it all!!!

indypower

Threads

Hershey

Threads
AndyMan, I love how you think. That is so spot on that it is not crazy. These days, however, there is very little that surprises me. I just take what comes.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was looking thru Sears snowblower accessories on-line and saw these items. I doubt if either work, but as was said, "there is a sucker born every minute".

Spray-on shoe grip adhesive
Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Spray on tire grip adhesive

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Makes me remember the product that was hotly advertised about 20 years ago: "LIQUID TIRE CHAIN, spray on your tires and GO"....it was something in a spray can that was supposed to give extra traction...have not seen it advertised for a long time.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was looking thru Sears snowblower accessories on-line and saw these items. I doubt if either work, but as was said, "there is a sucker born every minute".

Spray-on shoe grip adhesive

Spray on tire grip adhesive

I just looked at the site...$29.99....:eek: Did anybody notice the fine print "be the first to rate and review this product"...OH BOY I am going to order some TODAY and tell everybody what a FANTASTIC JOB it does, then go buy stock in the company that makes it and make a gazillion bucks when the stock goes up....:laughing:

AndyMan

Threads
Makes me remember the product that was hotly advertised about 20 years ago: "LIQUID TIRE CHAIN, spray on your tires and GO"....it was something in a spray can that was supposed to give extra traction...have not seen it advertised for a long time.

That does sound like this same stuff. Wonder if it works....

My dad always told me to carry bags of cat litter in the trunk. This was before the days of front wheel drive, so the weight helped to give the car traction. Plus, if you got stuck, you could open the bag and dump some under your tires to give even more traction.

These days I just try to get a running start if I need to go up a slippy hill. What does anyone else do about the traction issue?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
That does sound like this same stuff. Wonder if it works....

My dad always told me to carry bags of cat litter in the trunk. This was before the days of front wheel drive, so the weight helped to give the car traction. Plus, if you got stuck, you could open the bag and dump some under your tires to give even more traction.

These days I just try to get a running start if I need to go up a slippy hill. What does anyone else do about the traction issue?

By cat litter, your dad was talking about the old type, clay based litter...not the new types called Scoop Away, etc. Believe me, with four cats, I am a litter expert by now...:laughing:

The clumping type like Scoop Away are slick as cat p--p if you use them outside of a litter box. The very best stuff I have ever found for traction aid goes by the name of OIL-DRI, it is sold in automotive departments and is intended for use to soak up spilled oil...but it EXCELS as a traction aid on ice and snow. I carry a 5 gallon plastic CAT LITTER bucket full of the Oil-Dri in the trunk of all our cars in the wintertime, it is also very useful to spread on icy sidewalks and steps to cure slipping feet...and it does not harm leather and concrete like salt does. I NEVER use salt for anything, traction, melting ice, etc. NEVER.

Honey

Threads
Yes the best stuff is either non clumping cat litter, or the stuff mechanics use in their garage to absorb spills. We also carry a shovel and some sand.

brucesdeere

Threads
What next will they try to convince you that you need!

Stevie-Ray

Threads
If it's VHT or something like that, it does work. But it's real use is for better grip for tires on dry asphalt i.e. dragstrips.