noise level

edd

Threads
does the battery powered weedeaters and leafblowers run quieter than gas powered? is there a noticeable noise difference?

zmister11

Threads
does the battery powered weedeaters and leafblowers run quieter than gas powered? is there a noticeable noise difference?

Their alot quieter but I would never buy one.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yeah there's a noticeable difference in noise but there's a difference in power and the motors also. The Battery operated blowers like the Stihl BGA 85 are real lite on power compared to there 2 and 4 stroke blowers.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just wear ear protection running any equipment. Never give a thought when I was younger and now I have lost a lot of my hearing. Don't want to lose anymore of it.

edd

Threads
was thinking of when I weed eat in front of school building during day.....less noise to distract students.........fewer complaints from teachers

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
was thinking of when I weed eat in front of school building during day.....less noise to distract students.........fewer complaints from teachers

Less noise is really hard to define when it comes to battery powered trimmers and blowers vs gas. The BGA I mentioned earlier has a 64db noise rating and a blower like the Stihl br 200 is rated at 70 db, can you tell the difference at any particular distance? Are your ears good enough to pick up a 6 db difference, who really knows.

MowerMike

Threads
Less noise is really hard to define when it comes to battery powered trimmers and blowers vs gas. The BGA I mentioned earlier has a 64db noise rating and a blower like the Stihl br 200 is rated at 70 db, can you tell the difference at any particular distance? Are your ears good enough to pick up a 6 db difference, who really knows.

Also, the Stihl gas blower is rather loud when compared to some other brands. For example, my Echo PB-250LN is rated at a much quieter 65 db(A), and I don't need to wear ear protection when I use it. Four stroke gas blowers like the Makita BHX2500 are much quieter as well, although their blowing capability is a lot lower.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also, the Stihl gas blower is rather loud when compared to some other brands. For example, my Echo PB-250LN is rated at a much quieter 65 db(A), and I don't need to wear ear protection when I use it. Four stroke gas blowers like the Makita BHX2500 are much quieter as well, although their blowing capability is a lot lower.

The Stihl four mix engines are not as loud as a lot of the other brands. The Br 200 is a 2 stroke back pack blower and your comparing it to a hand held unit. Your talking about the PB-250LN being 65 db the Stihl BR 600 is only 75db. I don't wear ear protection with it.

MowerMike

Threads
PHP:
The Stihl four mix engines are not as loud as a lot of the other brands. The Br 200 is a 2 stroke back pack blower and your comparing it to a hand held unit. Your talking about the PB-250LN being 65 db the Stihl BR 600 is only 75db. I don't wear ear protection with it.

Do you realize that the decibel scale is exponential, and that a one decibel increase equates to a 26 percent increase in sound pressure ? Your statement that the Stihl BR 600 sound rating is "only" 75 db(A) corresponds to a 1000 % (10 x) increase in sound pressure over a blower like my Echo PB-250LN blower with a 65 db(A) rating. Also, this rating is based on a distance of 15 meters (50 feet) from the blower outlet, as it affects other people in the vicinity. The sound level at the operator's ears is much higher, and I'm amazed that you have not suffering hearing damage by operating this equipment without hearing protection. All the lawn care crews I've seen in my area that are using Stihl backpack blowers use hearing protection, and I can say that those things are very loud.