No Deck Height Adjustment On YT 3000

Threads
Hello Guys,

Got a problem. My 2014 Craftsman YT300 deck is not level. It is starting to leave a higher side on the grass. After looking over it, it appears on these newer designed decks,
the mfg. elimanated the linkage adjustment feature. The deck has 4 side wheels, but no way to adjust the deck height, like my old LT 1000 model. The only way I can see to adjust it is to move the
wheels to a different location on the wheel mount brackets on the deck. It cut fine until two weeks ago, I noticed the grass higher on one side than the other. On a level surface one deck wheel
appears not to be touching the ground at all. All I can figure is I got to close to a stone wall and maybe pushed the deck to one side? Nothing appears to be bent or out of place.
We have been getting a lot of rain in the South this year and the grass is growing very fast and difficult to cut, so I am getting a double workout cutting with this mower for now.

Any suggestions?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
First thing to do is check tire pressures and make sure they are at manufacturer recommended spec (not max on sidewall). Sorry no other suggestions.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First suggestion is to go to Sears and download the operators manual for your mower.
It could have been made by anyone so no one here will have the faintest idea of what mower & deck you have without the full number from under the seat.

No such thing as a deck that has no adjustment left right & front back, unless it is a ground following deck with wheels that are in contact with the ground at all times when mowing.

Threads
Model No. 917-288512. The deck adjustment is moving the wheels to a lower or higher location on the deck wheel mount, according to the manual.
There is no adjustment on the linkage for the deck height, as I can find.

I did discover this: One of the rear wheels on the deck is worn much more than the other three, which is probably causing is to cut lower on that side?
I will order a new deck wheel and see if that solves the problem. I will report back as soon as I can get a deck wheel.
Got to cut the grass again, just cut it 5 days, ago.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Model No. 917-288512. The deck adjustment is moving the wheels to a lower or higher location on the deck wheel mount, according to the manual.
There is no adjustment on the linkage for the deck height, as I can find.

I did discover this: One of the rear wheels on the deck is worn much more than the other three, which is probably causing is to cut lower on that side?
I will order a new deck wheel and see if that solves the problem. I will report back as soon as I can get a deck wheel.
Got to cut the grass again, just cut it 5 days, ago.

They are called "ground following decks"
And yes as you already noticed the wheels require regular replacement.
Get a whole new set as all of them will be work cause there is rarely any bush or bearing in them.
Check the axel bolts as well they wear bad also

jnchizo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Guys,

Got a problem. My 2014 Craftsman YT300 deck is not level. It is starting to leave a higher side on the grass. After looking over it, it appears on these newer designed decks,
the mfg. elimanated the linkage adjustment feature. The deck has 4 side wheels, but no way to adjust the deck height, like my old LT 1000 model. The only way I can see to adjust it is to move the
wheels to a different location on the wheel mount brackets on the deck. It cut fine until two weeks ago, I noticed the grass higher on one side than the other. On a level surface one deck wheel
appears not to be touching the ground at all. All I can figure is I got to close to a stone wall and maybe pushed the deck to one side? Nothing appears to be bent or out of place.
We have been getting a lot of rain in the South this year and the grass is growing very fast and difficult to cut, so I am getting a double workout cutting with this mower for now.

Any suggestions?
Hi, Replace fixed rod on the right hand side ( looking from rear) with adjustable linkage like on the left hand side Part number 589464807 appx $20.00 @amazon

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Or better yet go to your local Husqvarna dealer and get the 589464807 which lists for 14.99 + tax. You be helping a local and keeping the money local.

jnchizo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Or better yet go to your local Husqvarna dealer and get the 589464807 which lists for 14.99 + tax. You be helping a local and keeping the money local.
If only I had a local dealer, but thanks for putting your two cents in.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Even I as non-dealer sell them at that price considering they cost me a little under $10 plus shipping but I nor try to get my parts at a level that free shipping or combine multiple orders to reduce the overall shipping per item. But of course I have a regular distributor I buy from and not a place like Amazon or eBay.

Now my distributor does have minimum order level and shipping is $15.00 per order until I reach $250.