Newbie - T1600H will not start

ohiohillbilly

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've a mid '90s Kubota T1600H that will not start. Was running fine last fall. When I last shut it down, there was a puff of smoke from under the dash cowelling. Won't start since then. I don't see any signs of sparking, arcing, etc. under the dash where the smoke came from.
Seems to be electrical. Any help appreciated.

The battery tests fine. I have copy of the shop service manual and I believe I chased everything down they recommend.

1. The Glow Lamp Control lights do not light, not for power, preheat or start.
2. The starter solenoid does not click or chatter like it is bad.
3. The starter will not turn over (however, it's not the starter as I jumped the starter solenoid and it wants to start. It'll fire on ether but acts like its not getting fuel. There is fuel in the tank.
4. I bypassed the seat switch years ago. I have rechecked my wiring job there - I believe it is fine.
5. I replaced all fuses in the harness.
5. I've tested the resistance measurements on the following switches. All readings match what the shop manual calls for:
- Main switch (all positions)
- PTO switch
- Brake switch
6. And so, following the shop manual's advice, I bought a new combination box and have installed it.

I hate to scrap it out, but I'm not excited about taking it to a dealer and running up a huge tab on it as old as it is.

Like I said, any and all thoughts appreciated.

ohiohillbilly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh, and yes, I also tested the fuel shutoff solenoid. It works fine.