New

ETAF

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
New to forum,
Retired & living In West Sussex UK

looking for some advice on Stihl Chainsaw repair, OR replacement for Cordless
Not much if a gardener, but i purchased Stihl as I thought they would last.. Strimer & Chainsaw , and would be adding items over the years.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!
You should find plenty of advice around here.

fixit1ddh

Threads
I used to do that also. But then replacement parts were no longer available. I still have the first echo trimmer engine from the mid 70's and hedge trimmer from early 80's that I bought new. But replacement parts. And junk along the road machines were never thrown out. so I no longer buy expensive equipment. Now days I buy the cheapest stuff I can buy and buy or find my replacement parts on something someone has thrown in the trash. My trimmer im using now bought new in 1998 and bought 4 parts machines from a guy for 10 bucks. I live on a farm so I use the crap out of the trimmer. Chainsaw same thing echo cs750evl cs315 cs302 cs280 all bought new hardly any parts available any more. On the cs750evl I had to build my own CDI ignition to keep it working.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Buy the best you can afford & START EASILY , it will only get harder as you get older.
Buy from to profession range
when you have finished using them tip the fuel out start the engine & run the tool dry
Lube & clean the hedge trimmer blade when you have finished.
If you use them very infrequently then either buy the over priced safety travel cases, or store the engine end in a stout canvas bag with a drawstring to prevent things crawling into the exhaust & nesting there .
also remember, electric or petrol, the chain lube oil will leak out over time so sit it on a dish or adsorbent pad