New Turfcat T628D 4WD Owner

trfcrx7

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member, Brad, here. Recently purchased the Turfcat, and had the flail mower rebuilt/welded (lots of rust perforations).
I'm used to my Woods Mow'n Machine 6215 (Grasshopper 721D), so the Turfcat is different!
Hope to learn some things and contribute here when I can.

northcreeek262

Threads
New member, Brad, here. Recently purchased the Turfcat, and had the flail mower rebuilt/welded (lots of rust perforations).
I'm used to my Woods Mow'n Machine 6215 (Grasshopper 721D), so the Turfcat is different!
Hope to learn some things and contribute here when I can.
You will learn to love it like I did. Not too much activity here mostly because these machines are very rugged. You might want to look at my earlier posts from a few years ago regarding 4wd. These are set up to not drive the steering wheels in reverse, I found a way to defeat this and have 4wd all the time with no ill effects...Mike.

trfcrx7

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, Mike. I saw that post on 4WD in reverse. I am glad you worked to figure that one out. I like the Turfcat but admit that I was surprised when I went to back up and realized that I had 1-wheel drive.
That means getting my wife or daughter to grab another machine to pull me out when I get stuck.
In the process of putting new flail knives on the mower deck - 2 down, 142 to go!