New to the site today

itsagas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, in the market for another mower, but Ill post in proper forum for that. From flooded california, maybe that drought will finally end. Hope everyone is off to a decent start to the new year.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome aboard, Stay dry. Read that they only allow new electric mowers out there ?

itsagas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome aboard, Stay dry. Read that they only allow new electric mowers out there ?
Thank you for the welcome. As of 2024 no new gas engines will be sold under 24 hp if I recall. You can still use them, and buy used, just no new ones. Which is stupid because everyone will just go to bordering states to buy. Diesel and propane engines are exempt from the law.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for the welcome. As of 2024 no new gas engines will be sold under 24 hp if I recall. You can still use them, and buy used, just no new ones. Which is stupid because everyone will just go to bordering states to buy. Diesel and propane engines are exempt from the law.
Welcome once more.
The ban is what happens when the lawmakers have never done any science , live in apartments or have a contractor do all their yard work.
If California really wanted to reduce pollution they would apply building codes suitable for their climate and ban cheap air conditioners .
There is a big difference between doing some thing that works and being seen to be doing something .
VFT's replacing jets would slash CO2 pollution by a massive amount but you will never see that happen in Cal .

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
I see, they always seem to be changing something.. There is a long thread about this in Cali here. Probably "the front porch" category. IIRC.

Diesel & propane now, but who know what's next.