New to the forum and a leaking left motor when the parking brake is applied

ktmrc8

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New to the forum and a leaking left motor when the parking brake is applied
I'm new here with an old, new to me mower. Its a 1994 721D with a 61" deck that I got a little while ago. Its my first diesel mower, mostly I ran John Deere with liquid and air cooled Kawasaki motors (love them) It has 1,356 hours and the previous owner did not know what PM stood for. I've changed all the fluids, engine does leak or use any oil, no antifreeze leaks (except for a cracked plastic overflow bottle), changed all the belts, etc. Up until it got warm up here (mid 80's) there were no leaks whatsoever. Now, when I have the parking brake on, I get a small leak. After 24 hours of sitting it will be about 2 inches across on the floor. If the parking brake is not applied, after 24 hours there is maybe 2 drips. I've heard of this leak on others, but does anyone know of a part number or where I could order this before taking it apart and having it sit on a shelf for 2 months while things come in? Also, is there a high range and low range for the grass cutting height settings? I have no manuals whatsoever.

Thanks!